About Flyleaf Creative
Flyleaf Creative is an award-winning design firm that builds cohesive brands for arts, culture and social justice non-profits. Recent client work includes: St. Ann’s Warehouse, MCC Theater, International Festival of Arts & Ideas, Longwood Gardens, Bard Prison Initiative, The Racial Imaginary Institute and PEN American Center in all media platforms including web design, print communications, environmental wayfinding signage and digital marketing.
About the Role
We are looking for a full time Visual Designer who is highly motivated and a detail-oriented team player with 4+ years of experience specifically in web design and print media.
Our projects require a very creative and organized individual with an entrepreneurial spirit who can think independently and work collaboratively, while contributing their intellectual passions to the life of the studio. We are looking for someone who is capable of making gorgeous, ground-breaking work, and is ready for hands-on projects at every stage of its lifecycle.The ability to think strategically is critical. The studio consists of the principal, account manager, designer, remote digital team and strategic consultants that are a regular part of the extended Flyleaf family.
Ideal candidates should have:
- Strong conceptual thinking and leadership skills with confidence to communicate ideas clearly while working closely with a small internal team, outside consultants, developers and printers
- Solid understanding of designing intuitive websites (including wireframes) with complex functionality and architecture and sensitivity to user-experience. Designing with responsive principles is a must.
- Familiarity with environmental design and signage system processes, a plus
- Interest in and/or awareness of culture, performing arts, literature, public policy or other mission-based issues
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and to take charge of projects while enjoying the autonomy of working in a small studio
- Designing and creating materials of a high and consistent quality, with responsibility for selection and oversight of production
- Developing new brands in web and print: involves creating new brand systems, logo-marks, typographic hierarchy, templates etc. ranging from full websites to print collateral
- Designing for existing brands: involves working with established brand systems to generate print and digital materials for existing clients
- Creating, organizing and delivering production-ready assets and documentation for all phases of the project
- Working with account manager to set appropriate schedules based on workflow, including self-managing deadlines
- Presenting comfortably to clients (working with them on a day-to-day basis), responding confidently to their feedback
- Intimate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite Software, Sketch and digital prototyping programs such as InVision, Figma or Principle.
- Experience in UX & UI design for website
- Strong knowledge and experience with managing the lifecycle of web deliverables
- Experience working with developers for back-end functionality deliverables
- Basic HTML & CSS skills to allow you to collaborate with our developers
- QA and fielding client bug reports and escalating them to appropriate parties, closing out issues
- Familiarity with content editing and asset management in open source CMS platforms (WordPress)
- Experience with creative management systems such as Basecamp, Google Suite
- Video editing skills, a plus
- BFA/BA in graphic design or similar
- Outstanding creative portfolio with strong grasp of current design trends
- A strong design background, 4+ years of multidisciplinary experience (web and print)
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing and interpersonal skills with ability to articulate design decisions and to support thematic concepts for design presentations
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills with ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects
- An open, positive and empathetic personality
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Ability to work on multiple projects on deadline & often under pressure
- Ability to problem-solve project briefs and consider various routes to ensure delivery
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience. Must be eligible to work in the US.